WHY YOU SHOULDN'T FOLLOW A STRICT SCHEDULE WITH YOUR BLOG

WOW! 
I feel like it's been FOREVER since I last uploaded a blog post!
(that's cause it has been)
And I was even afraid that if I clicked to get to my blog, the system would tell me its been deactivated because of inactivity! 
So it's time to dust off the keyboard (even though I've been using it non-stop for Uni work, but for the sake of this post, let's pretend there's dust. lol) and start fresh. Because when things don't go as planned in life, you shouldn't abort and completely disappear in the face of the earth; you pick yourself back up and start again!
...
Hello, my lovely readers!
I want to start off by saying that if you've stuck around even through my absence, thank you! Truly thank you, because even I wouldn't have stuck around tbh...
As for my absence, two things:
I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry.
I'm sorry I mislead you when I wrote a couple of posts ago how from now on I will be following a schedule with this blog, where I post every Friday at 12:00. 
I'm not sorry, though, because after I made that announcement and followed through with it for a couple of weeks, I noticed that my blog was becoming a chore for me more than a hobby (which is how it started out as-a hobby). Take my last post, for example. I clearly remember: It was a cold, Thursday evening... (just kidding, this isn't a novel) It was on a Thursday though, and I had homework I needed to get done, along with a blog post that had to be posted t-minus (give or take) 15 hours. So I brainstormed a random idea, grabbed some images off of google, scribbled crap, and hit "Publish".
*L E S S O N  L E A R N E D: This piece of advice honestly goes out to ALL bloggers out there, however new! Unless this is your job or maintaining a certain blog is part of your job, DO NOT set yourself a specific schedule for uploading posts! Blogging should be fun, not feel like a homework assignment you need to get done by said date.*
I created this blog with a passion, to reflect my personal style. But as time has passed, I have come to realize that style posts are not the only things I want to share on here! I want this to be a place I can look back on years down the road and reminisce on happy times/memories! 
So starting today, I am no longer limiting myself to only one day of the week! I will upload whenever I travel somewhere, take countless pictures, and need a place to clear my memory card on my camera. :D I will upload when I attend an event and wear something super lush and want to share the details behind the look. I will upload when I have something on my mind that I want to get across with you guys. And I will upload only when I feel that my post is the best it can be!
That being said, though, I have been regularly uploading new YouTube videos every Monday @ 12:00! (contradicts just about everything I said about not restricting yourself to specific upload times) However, with YouTube, it's a bit different. Typing up a blog post and uploading pictures is not equivalent to editing a video, cutting time to fit a 10-15 minute time frame, finding fitting music to go along with that week's video, making a thumbnail, editing that thumbnail, linking website links to things mentioned in that video/outfit(s), and actually getting it up on YouTube. (catches breath...) Yeah, not quite the same. Creating YouTube content is a hell of a lot more time consuming (nevertheless I love it!) and with Uni in the way, I need time to fit both in. So a set upload date makes my schedule feel less hectic. This blog, on the other hand, I want to share things with you and express them through pictures (obviously) freely!
-insert a little self-promo here- 
If you want to keep up with when I upload on both my blog and YouTube channel, follow my Twitter for most recent, up-to-date news, and my Instagram for extra snippets taken from my camera roll!
And with that I shall go. I will leave you with a question (because I was told it helps bloggers and their viewers communicate more. A little tip for you if it applies): What kind of content would you like to see from me here? Let me know in the comments below, and until next time!
-Ciao xx 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Style Reflection

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig