THREE BRAIDED HAIRSTYLES

Today is my last day of winter break, and as much as i'm gutted about that, I decided to look at the pros for going back to school (because new years resolutions, right? :D). For one thing, the count down to summer break resumes; as i'm a senior in high school this year, I get out the first week of May, so four months to go! Another positive to this, and the purpose of this post, is that I can blog "back to school" hairstyles! I haven't done one of these since I first began blogging in June of last year, but I've always loved playing around with my hair, braiding it and making bizarre hairstyles. I came up with three different braided hairstyles that you can do for school (or anywhere really). They work for both long and short hair. (really short hair to be more precise; I have a long bob and these hairstyles work perfectly fine.)
Before you continue reading, I would like to point out I completely made up these names so if they sound weird it is because they are. That is all! :)
                                                                                                                                             Ciao! :)
1. Half up, Half down Braid Swing
This first hairstyle is super simple! All you have to do is tie your hair in a half up ponytail, not forgetting to leave a couple of strands out from both sides. Then to add uniqueness to the hairdo, braid the loose pieces and wrap around the ponytail. Secure it with a bobby pin and voilĂ ; it takes less then two minutes to complete so NO time will be lost getting ready for school.



2. The Side Inside-Out French Braid (also known as Dutch Braid but I've always called it that) 
This next hairstyle is a bit more complex it you do not know how to make a dutch braid, but a regular french braid works just as well. You start by dutch/  french braiding (whichever you fancy) from the top of your head and work your way down. Depending on how high you want your ponytail to be, that is how far down you need to braid. Once your done braiding, secure the rest of your hair with and elastic and your done.
*Just for reference, the thickness of the braid does not matter, but to add volume, tug on your braid once you have secured it with an elastic; this will make your braid appear thicker and more voluminous. Also, to make it more original, you can make the braid go along one side of your hair (as I did with mine).



3. Double Double Braid
The third hairstyle I'm going to share with you is this double dutch braid. Similar to the second hairstyle, you only have to braid two dutch braids on both sides and secure them with an elastic and clip (clip  is optional if you decide to secure the two braids with only one elastic). The only difference is that you need to make two small braids instead of one.






No comments

Post a Comment

© Style Reflection

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig