LAYERING SWEATERS

You know your committed to blogging when you're supposed to be studying, but instead you choose to blog... 🙈
Hiya loves!
Today I wanted to share with you a styling tip I have been loving doing to my outfits lately, and that's layering collared button-down shirts.
When it comes to dressing during the colder months, layering is my number one propriety! Not only does this keep me warm throughout those cold, brisk wintery days, but it can be done stylishly as well! (two bonuses!) And yes, there is a way to layer pieces without looking like a walking marshmallow! 😂 (I've learned this the hard way, unfortunately). 
The key to layering is to stray away from double bulking fabrics. My outfit below is an example of that: I have on a thick(ish) sweater, and paired it with olive green, skinny jeans to compliment the neutral colours of the sweeter. I was feeling a professional look that day, so I opted for a sleek white, button-down collared shirt to layer underneath the sweater. This added texture to the look, and transformed it from casual to professional in a blink! 
Try out different variations for yourself and let me know! I'd love to see what stylish outfits you put can put together! 
Ciao! :)

Outfit Details: 
Sweater: New York & Company (this sweater was been passed down to me from my mom so it's been a while since it's been in stores; instead I found a similar style for you.)

Button-down Shirt: Macy's (similar style)

Jeans: KOHL'S (exact pair)

Boots: Thrift Shop






No comments

Post a Comment

© Style Reflection

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig