MAKING CHANGES

Another day, another OOTD! :D
Hello, loves! Today is story time here on StyleReflection, but with a lesson (so stick around till the end, please).
Once upon a time, there was a girl named Silvia who spent her summer travelling to exotic destinations and catching up with loved ones back in her home country, Bulgaria. She came back desperately seeking a part time job because her dream is to go study at a fashion university in London,England! 
On the eve of a baby shower, a distant family friend acknowledged Silvia that there were plenty of open positions at her job and that they were always looking for an extra hand. Silvia, being one to like her comfort zone, decided to dive right in and take the plunge (the job). Now you must know something about Silvia. She craves adventure and thrills, but drastic change jolts her. This has been a goal for her- to take chances and risks more often than never- for quite some time now. And she felt a bit sceptic because she wanted a job she actually liked, not just a job for the money bit (even if it is part-time). Knowing that she will most certainly get the job (because you know, connections) and that there will be familiar faces, she jumped at the chance to be spontaneous.
Flash forward 4 months. It is now December, and Silvia has informed her manager of her 2 weeks notice. The End.
Okay, that was bit abrupt but how was that for story time? 
I really wanted to share this story with you, not to tell you that I quit my job (even though I did), or worse, to let you think that it's alright to just give up. IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT OKAY! YOU SHOULD NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP ON ANYTHING IN LIFE! NO MATTER HOW IMPOSSIBLE OR UNREALISTIC IT MAY SEEM AT THE MOMENT! I wanted this to be a little motivation spark/self-help tip for any of you that might be going through something similar.
Yes, the job I was in was making me money, but this is a prime example of a very famous quote which proves to be completely correct: "Money does not buy you happiness." Regardless of how much I made, it did not feel like the right place for me. I am one who solely listens and follows her intuitions and soul. My mind may be saying something but I do what my heart tells me to do, and this time, my heart was telling me that I do not belong at this job. Don't get me wrong, I liked being around the people, and the job (though it was not easy) taught me quite a few life tips.
Like I mentioned earlier, I plan on following a fashion career (no matter the difficulty it takes to get to the top). And because getting your foot through the door can be very tricky, a part-time job at a fashion retail store is a great place to start (even if retail is not what I want to study). Having any fashion experience- whether that be at a job or an internship- is crucial, because experience in this industry is just as important as the education part (if not even more important).
So if you haven't caught on, YES, I am still going to work part-time (uni is bloody expensive). I have been looking to work at my local mall for a fashion retail position! I have not been employed yet, but I shall keep you updated if you wish.
 The bottom line is, if there is one thing you should get out of this message, it's that if you are in a situation that is not making you happy, GET OUT OF IT! There is nothing more important in life than one's health and happiness, and if you are not happy doing something, that is affecting your mental well-being;basically goes against both things I just mentioned are most important! I discussed this topic on mental health a bit more in depth in my previous post, so if you want to go and have a little more of a read, click here!
I hope this post inspired you to make a change in your life, with whatever it is you might be struggling with! Because let's face it, we live in a world so uncertain; you don't know when your time will expire. So why waste such a precious, short given life on things that don't bring you joy?! We spend so much of our life complaining about what we don't have, how unsuccessful we are, how much we want this and that. But have you ever stopped to think while you tetchy, you weren't doing anything about it? Take a second to ponder that thought... Most of the time, you're probably sitting somewhere with someone while listing all of those negatives in your life, when in fact, you shouldn't even be talking because all those things you do, you do for yourself. 
SO now that this post is nearing the end, I want this last piece of advice to be like your homework assignment from me. I want to get off your ass and MAKE CHANGE HAPPEN TODAY, not tomorrow or for the new year as a resolution... RIGHT NOW!!! 
I'll
leave you with that. and when you finish your assigned work, don't forget to leave a comment down below letting me know what you did, how you feel about doing it, and just your overall experience. 
Have a fabulous day! <3
                                                                                                                                    - Ciao! :)
p.s. I know this post has nothing to do with this, but I wanted to share with you an OOTD because I really like how this outfit came together! The details of where everything if from will be down below.
O U F I T  D E T A I L S 
Bomber Jacket - Marshalls
Pink Fuzzy Top - Marshalls
Brown Belt - Gap
Jeans - Kohl's
Over-The-Knee Black Boots - DSW
Backpack-Style Bag - Nine West
                                                                                                                                     
Fashion

Fashion

Fashion

Fashion

Fashion

Fashion

Fashion

Fashion

No comments

Post a Comment

© Style Reflection

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig